Hi - recent diagnosis at age 61 - just saying hello (waving)

After a 2 year wait I was recently diagnosed, and it is taking some time to adjust to it, such a mixturte of different feelngs, relief, regret, avoidance, disbelief, but mainly just relief. It wasn't just that I was weird all my life, there was a recogniseable, distinct, pervasive difficulty and there always has been. It wasn't that I didn't try hard enough, it wasn't that I was lazy, or just didn't want to mix with people or do a 'normal' job, but there are other more positive things too...the synaesthesia type experiences I have had, sensitivities to energies, my being drawn to workshops and groups where I could learn to make eye contact, to hug and enjoy physical contact, and many many more things I can now begin to place as to why I did this or why I was interested in that, or why I would have my own version of a meltdown. Thank you to the community for existing and hi to everyone. I look forward to learning and understanding more/

Parents Reply
  • I have done a lot of work in groups, as facilitator and participant. At times, I can 'see' the interactions between people. Over the years i have also done quite a lot of psychic development stuff, and can at times pick up what's going on for someone, say in health terms. I now see this as part of the 'extra' wiring/connections I may have as a neuro diverse person.

Children
  • Hi, what amuses me about your post is that one of the main duties I have had at festivals is to lay out car park and campervan fields and get ppl to park in straight lines within a limited space, and now I know why I like doing it hehe

• oh and his parking has returned to normal now since his being back out of hospital. 

• So a bit like when I notice people’s ‘negative energy’? and it drives me insane lol. 

Or nottice really subtle differences in things that make others think i’m Crazy? 

For example i noticed s neighbour was parking his car not quite as straight as he normally does. It was only subtle, it wasn’t like he was parked really badly. But it wasn’t quite right, it wasn’t lined up in the usual way somehow. And I made a comment to the support workers, they said his parking looked the same as usual. But turns out he was ill and not many days after I noticed he’d been parking slightly off he was in hospital with a manic episode.