how legal justice deal with autism

just want to know how does legal justice deal with someone with autism. say someone with autism had commited a crime because they were very traumatised and depressed. will they still get send to prison or will there be other treatment for them?

Parents
  • Adrian, I understand the temptation to lash out, you must be very frustrated with all of these things going on that you have no control over, but please, PLEASE DO NOT DO IT.  The last thing you need on top of the troubles you already have is the criminal justice system interfering with your life.  Your current situation will seem like a cakewalk compared to the hoops you'll be forced to jump through after a conviction.  And on top of that, as others have said, people are naturally protective of their children.  They're going to be a lot more cautions of allowing you around their children if they think there's a chance you could become violent.

• and well i never commit crimes. i never experince being in trouble with the police. well that is true that in the past, i was bullied by other physically but all i did was just push them away in a safe place as a way to protect myself with a right level of force.

• what age is the criminal responsability of age? and over what age can be charge with assaulting other in the street?

• You cant go around touching 5 year olds you need to look for help to avoid getting in trouble with this

• well guys, based on the criminal justice for autism, this is what i've found out. you are legally responsable at the age of 12 which means you can be prosecuted if you commit any crimes except you get send to a juvenile when you are under 18. And when you are 16, you will be prosecuted for commit sex crimes against a minor.

but when is come to special need, it all change well it depends on their capacity, functioning level and background. usually when a severe autistic people (especially those with intellectual disability) or someone who has severe depression, the criminal justice are dealt with differently e.g, they would set a different boundry and say if they did something serious like injuring someone seriously, then they would be send to a mental hospital as in this situation, they might be consider as very depressed so they might need a special care.

something like hiting or shoving other for severe autistic people, if is happen once or twice, they usually slide away with it which means no police will get involved. 

but for high functioning people, is very depends on the situation.

well i am working on a project about how police deal with autism violent behaviour with criminal justice. but in my life, although i'm not that kind of person, i know plenty of severe autistic adult (especially those sevre with intellectual disability), they often hit other when they get upset but never got arrested for just one slap against anyone of any age.

• is this forum more for asperger people i wander. because interacting with children as a late teen person (around 16-19) with autism is very common for those who has delay development and classic autism. but people in this forum are disagree with me for doing that just because of the age difference. i even saw a severly autistic girl who is 25 years old and still interact with children age 5 in the playground and no one even care about her doing that. all her mum would just say to other parent that she is autistic and sometimes she loves the company of the children and other parent dont mind and even think that girl is very friendly with their children. 

so i wander is this forum more for asperger people. because i have delay development maybe you guys dont so disagree with me of interacting with other children?

• i dont understand, well i'm telling you, i am autistic, about this quote " this way of doing things is a natural order of society that everybody must live with and must follow as a essential routine." i do not have to follow the age appropriate and social norm as these are rubbish. why does an autistic person need a mainstream rubbish to slave me to do something that are hurting my world. well the law should only focus on keeping people safe and interacting with children are safe. i am not hurting them, they are fine with that. people who concern about me because of my age, they are just a coward. autistic people should not be slaved to follow age apropriate and social norm. if the mainstream want to slave people with age appriate and social norm, put it on the normal people, not us autistic people. stupid mainstream. don't know why autistic adult cant be interacting with other children just because of their age. so agist.

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/introduce-yourself/16783/experience-with-therapist/126507#126507

• i dont understand, well i'm telling you, i am autistic, about this quote " this way of doing things is a natural order of society that everybody must live with and must follow as a essential routine." i do not have to follow the age appropriate and social norm as these are rubbish. why does an autistic person need a mainstream rubbish to slave me to do something that are hurting my world. well the law should only focus on keeping people safe and interacting with children are safe. i am not hurting them, they are fine with that. people who concern about me because of my age, they are just a coward. autistic people should not be slaved to follow age apropriate and social norm. if the mainstream want to slave people with age appriate and social norm, put it on the normal people, not us autistic people. stupid mainstream. don't know why autistic adult cant be interacting with other children just because of their age. so agist.

• based on this quote "this way of doing things is a natural order of society that everybody must live with and must follow as a essential routine. Just because you may never get into problems with the law regarding interactions with children involving your special interests in Disney characters and fairytale themed games, people cannot get used to letting their guard down because you are lovely and mean no harm whatsoever. There are too many people who accidentally get involved with or purposefully take advantage of vulnerable children and adults, and your safety as much as everyone else’s is really, really important. Keep this very much in mind ~ your safety is as much important as anyone else’s." what does that mean?

“If you’ve met one person with autism, you’ve met one person with autism.” – Dr. Stephen Shore.

• based on this quote "this way of doing things is a natural order of society that everybody must live with and must follow as a essential routine. Just because you may never get into problems with the law regarding interactions with children involving your special interests in Disney characters and fairytale themed games, people cannot get used to letting their guard down because you are lovely and mean no harm whatsoever. There are too many people who accidentally get involved with or purposefully take advantage of vulnerable children and adults, and your safety as much as everyone else’s is really, really important. Keep this very much in mind ~ your safety is as much important as anyone else’s." what does that mean?

“If you’ve met one person with autism, you’ve met one person with autism.” – Dr. Stephen Shore.

Children
  • You cant go around touching 5 year olds you need to look for help to avoid getting in trouble with this

• well guys, based on the criminal justice for autism, this is what i've found out. you are legally responsable at the age of 12 which means you can be prosecuted if you commit any crimes except you get send to a juvenile when you are under 18. And when you are 16, you will be prosecuted for commit sex crimes against a minor.

but when is come to special need, it all change well it depends on their capacity, functioning level and background. usually when a severe autistic people (especially those with intellectual disability) or someone who has severe depression, the criminal justice are dealt with differently e.g, they would set a different boundry and say if they did something serious like injuring someone seriously, then they would be send to a mental hospital as in this situation, they might be consider as very depressed so they might need a special care.

something like hiting or shoving other for severe autistic people, if is happen once or twice, they usually slide away with it which means no police will get involved. 

but for high functioning people, is very depends on the situation.

well i am working on a project about how police deal with autism violent behaviour with criminal justice. but in my life, although i'm not that kind of person, i know plenty of severe autistic adult (especially those sevre with intellectual disability), they often hit other when they get upset but never got arrested for just one slap against anyone of any age.

• is this forum more for asperger people i wander. because interacting with children as a late teen person (around 16-19) with autism is very common for those who has delay development and classic autism. but people in this forum are disagree with me for doing that just because of the age difference. i even saw a severly autistic girl who is 25 years old and still interact with children age 5 in the playground and no one even care about her doing that. all her mum would just say to other parent that she is autistic and sometimes she loves the company of the children and other parent dont mind and even think that girl is very friendly with their children. 

so i wander is this forum more for asperger people. because i have delay development maybe you guys dont so disagree with me of interacting with other children?

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/introduce-yourself/16783/experience-with-therapist/126507#126507