what is my autistic right

I am 18 now and has autism but some other adult are criticised about my difference because of my age. And I am being force to act like people at my age and it's really hurting me. So i don't know is this right? some people is forcing me to act the way my peers are like. and i also have delay development. 

Parents
  • What you're going through is very common.  The world around you is known, safe and predictable - it's very comfortable to be there.    Unfortunately, the world is moving on around you and people grow up and change so a gap will open up between you and your peers if you stay where you are.

People will always point at the people who are different - it's like watching puppies growing up - they always pick on the weakest, easiest target.

You also have to acknowledge that you are not the same person you were when you were 2 - or 5 - or 10 - so no matter how much you want to stay where it's safe, you are changing and growing up too.

The sensible way to look at it is to take control of your own destiny - make the changes that are beneficial to you - become an adult where you need to and remain young where it only matters to you.

I'm an oldie and I still love playing with my models, my Lego and I love my Disney parks - but on the outside, I appear to be a reasonably 'normal' guy.  Smiley

There's also a lot to be said for growing up - the main one is freedom to do what you like.

Even Peter Pan changed a lot through the story once new things arrived on the scene.

• What you're going through is very common.  The world around you is known, safe and predictable - it's very comfortable to be there.    Unfortunately, the world is moving on around you and people grow up and change so a gap will open up between you and your peers if you stay where you are.

People will always point at the people who are different - it's like watching puppies growing up - they always pick on the weakest, easiest target.

You also have to acknowledge that you are not the same person you were when you were 2 - or 5 - or 10 - so no matter how much you want to stay where it's safe, you are changing and growing up too.

The sensible way to look at it is to take control of your own destiny - make the changes that are beneficial to you - become an adult where you need to and remain young where it only matters to you.

I'm an oldie and I still love playing with my models, my Lego and I love my Disney parks - but on the outside, I appear to be a reasonably 'normal' guy.  Smiley

There's also a lot to be said for growing up - the main one is freedom to do what you like.

Even Peter Pan changed a lot through the story once new things arrived on the scene.

Children
No Data