Preserving self with angry teen

I never thought I would use a forum like this, but if I talk to friends they judge my son and he doesn’t stand a chance in the local community. I feel so alone with a 16 year old who I love and want to protect and yet launch into the world.  He is lovely until his special interest is challenged or he doesn’t have things as he wants them. Then he is so angry, selfish and hurtful that I am left feeling devastated. I can’t focus on work, my home is a tip which isn’t helped when he has an outburst and breaks things, my husband tries to support but doesn’t get the emotional abuse that I do, my teenage daughter doesn’t care any more. I feel so much hurt and sometimes I hate my son. What kind of mother hates her child? There’s no help here for families as far as I can see and he is STILL waiting for a formal diagnosis. Maybe I’m going mad? I want to walk away screaming and never come back. Sorry to use this space to rant, but there is nowhere to go.

• Maybe I can try my best to give you some advice. So just want to know what is your son's special interest?

• Do you have a social worker as you really need PMVA training as it helped me and my wife with the management of our sons behaviour

• Hiya,my families journey is very similar to your as my 18 year old has severe autism,adhd and learning difficulties and a history of destroying our house,his bed I built as a normal bed he would break.he has smashed pine doors to pieces and  RIP door frames 

• Alright! 

welcome to the forum. My name is Adrian. I am autistic as well and I'm a Disney characters, costumed characters and fairy tale fans. 

So has he got a diagnosis first. And don't worry, in this forum, we all understand about autism so we will never be judging your son as bad. You son is just a different being child. But I'm sure people (especially those with autism) can give advice or maybe help you as best as we can. Most of us has autism and know what is like to have it.