new person

Hi

My name is Adrian. {edited by Heather - moderator to remove personal details}. I was diagnosed with autism (pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified) at the age of 3. part of my autism, i have lots of anxiety disorder, OCD, repetitive behaviour, social integration deficit and delay development. my special interest are Disney characters, costumed characters and anything in the 19th century especially the fairy tale or folklore culture part. I lives in Dublin, Ireland and was born in Dublin. My parent are originally from Hong Kong.In my spare time, I play with Disney figurines, draw picture and listening to classical music and sometime when it's sunny outside of my neighbourhood, i go out and play with friends. most of my friends are young children as i don't like getting on with my peers as my peers are very complicated. my peers world are completely boring to me. part of my autism, i loves playing figurine and imaginary games and most kids loves these things so that's why I can get on well with the children. Well I also can get on well with other who also has autism and their world are similar to my world or myself. My happiest time in my life is going to Disneyland and play with the costumed characters there as I love the feel of the costume characters, like petting a real teddy. So I go there every twice a year. 

I have joined here to be part of the membership and hope to have a pen pal who also has autism and is similar to my world.

Parents
  • Hi Adrian

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a big Disney fan - we do DisneyWorld every year - looking forward to visiting Star Wars Land (Galaxy's Edge) when it finally opens.

• Cool and have you been to Disneyland? if yes which one and did you take a picture with the costume character?

• We've not done DisneyLand yet - maybe next year - I'm just concerned at all the driving around LA - the distances between everything is huge - all on grid-locked roads in baking heat.

We've done Disney Florida about 22 times - we always book a few Character Breakfasts - a full all-you-can-eat buffet with characters going around doing photos and autographs - The Crystal Palace in The Magic Kingdom has Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore and Piglet, Chef Mickey's in The Contemporary Resort has Mickey, Minnie, Pluto & Donald and Tusker's in The Animal Kingdom has Goofy, Daisy etc.   

My favourite Disney character is Dug from Up.    Him and Russel do meet-&-greet in the Animal Kingdom.

We've had our photos done will almost all the characters including Stitch, Anna & Elsa, Olaf, Hiro from Big Hero 6 and all the classics.

My wife also met the Talking Mickey - the 'magic band' system means the people in another room working the voice know who you are as you enter the room - all your details pop up on a screen so they greet you by name and ask you about the weather back in the UK - it's very clever!

We've done Christmas there too - brilliant - their Santas are straight from a greetings card.

• You just click on the user name and request friendship.

• how, I don't know how to do that. i tried but i don't know. how to connect as your friend.

• If you click on my profile you can connect as a friend - then we can message without clogging up the board - it's up to you.

Reply Children