Account Deletion Request.

Please delete this account.

Thanks.

Parents Reply
  • They can’t delete accounts anyway... I AM a deleted account. Still logging in as a number. Flipping heck!! 

Truly this forum is out of control. 

I could hack into the whole thing right now as it’s left wide open to anyone who wants to attack the site and people on it. 

Children
  • I'm sorry that the account deletion process has caused confusion. Of course, we're also sorry that anyone wants to leave in the first place. I hope that this explanation helps.

Our site visitors create sign-ins for various reasons, of which this community is one. Others include using our shop, making donations, paying membership subscriptions, and getting access to some member-only resources. However, it's confusing for everyone if separate sign-ins are needed, and it can lead to our having different email addresses and other information for you in different places, which can mean that we give poor service, information doesn't reach you, and so on. And you have to remember more passwords.

So, in reality, when you wanted to create a sign-in, we directed you to our main website, and then back to this community, which is actually a separate system. The main site creates your sign-in here so that you don't have to. If you sign in there and come here, we sign you in, or create a sign-in if you don't have one.

Because we know that discussions here are sensitive, we ask you to choose a forum name here that is not related to your real identity. If you haven't done that yet, we give you one in the form NAS12345. There's more information about that on the home page, in a panel on the right of (on a desktop) or below (on mobile) the discussions.

If you ask us to delete your sign-in here, we do so. What we're not necessarily expecting is for you then to sign in on the main site and come back here, because it creates the community sign-in again. I do understand that you might be trying to test whether we've done the deletion yet, so that's a learning point for us.

Alternatively, if you do not plan to use any of our services, or get involved in helping us to provide them, we can delete your overall sign-in as well. We just need to be clear what you want us to do. We'll try to ask if we're not sure, but obviously that means that it can take a little time for us to check with you.

Again, I hope that this helps, at least a little?

Regards

• There's plenty of room at the Hotel California....

• Are you telling us... you can check out any time you like but you can never leave? Slight smile

• As you can see, I'm still here! I emailed to request account deletion yesterday and I'm still here....

Hopefully my account will be deleted soon.

I think a button for leave group/delete account should be available instead of having to send an email.

• Simply put - it’s dangerous and open to criminal abuse