Swedish student writing his thesis about people on the autism spectrum and their use of new media!

Post removed as it contravenes our rule 8 of our community ' Requests for research study subjects and surveys need to be directed to research@nas.org.uk for data protection and research ethics reasons. Further information can be found on our research pages. Please be advised that any requests for research subjects or surveys posted on the Community will be deleted without warning'.

Ayshe Mod

Parents
  • One more thing..... The ‘New’ media was actually invented by ASD folk. As was anything that has changed the world over history of humanity. Indeed - the world stands on autistic shoulders. The NTs are tooooooo social to actually get anything useful done. They’d be swinging in the trees still or living in caves if it wasn’t for the ASD gene 

• One more thing..... The ‘New’ media was actually invented by ASD folk. As was anything that has changed the world over history of humanity. Indeed - the world stands on autistic shoulders. The NTs are tooooooo social to actually get anything useful done. They’d be swinging in the trees still or living in caves if it wasn’t for the ASD gene 

Children
  • This is actually an interesting thought. Through the years of working with teenagers on the spectrum, I've been attending a lot of presentations with a swedish psychologist called Bo Hejlskov. He proposes that one possible step in the human evolution might be that people with neuropsychiatric variances "force" out the neurotypical genepool, since humanity needs solutions to major problems, which means a need for people to be totally focused on the problem at hand - something I've personally seen in many of the teenagers I work with. Focus, interest and creativity. 

Interesting contribution to the discussion!

/ Björn

• I like this ‘autistic supremacy’ idea :-)

like we actually focus on the task and complete it to a high standard rather than bothering to talk to everyone 

on a serious note though. Forums like this do bring people of similar brain wiring together and allow them to swap experiences, this forum has been an absolute godsend to me since I was diagnosed. Also, while I know @Wavey doesn’t like social media per se. I have started up my own local group for women on the spectrum and I only found this possible by utilising Facebook. So social media has allowed me to create a resource and bring people together for therapeutic benefit.