Swedish student writing his thesis about people on the autism spectrum and their use of new media!

Post removed as it contravenes our rule 8 of our community ' Requests for research study subjects and surveys need to be directed to research@nas.org.uk for data protection and research ethics reasons. Further information can be found on our research pages. Please be advised that any requests for research subjects or surveys posted on the Community will be deleted without warning'.

Ayshe Mod

Parents
  • New media? I’m not sure what that is? 

Most media platforms I know of have been around for at least fifteen years. But saying that fifteen years ago is only yesterday to me. :) 

For certain they have got worse - by far. All of them. 

They are fast yeah - but that means they can manipulate you faster too. I’ve been online since the beginning. Before search engines or dot web addresses. I’ve seen it change into two parts. The usefUK stuff and the rubbish stuff. All the above Arrow up

They all use Surveillance Capitolism model that harvests data and narrows down your world view and is being used to cause genocide in Bangladesh for example. It is also designed to reshape your memory and indeed it does. I know this becasue I can see people build false memory and even it erases older memory and changes it. 

The platforms never used to be that way. Mark Evil Zuckerberg is the Devil incarnated. 

• New media? I’m not sure what that is? 

Most media platforms I know of have been around for at least fifteen years. But saying that fifteen years ago is only yesterday to me. :) 

For certain they have got worse - by far. All of them. 

They are fast yeah - but that means they can manipulate you faster too. I’ve been online since the beginning. Before search engines or dot web addresses. I’ve seen it change into two parts. The usefUK stuff and the rubbish stuff. All the above Arrow up

They all use Surveillance Capitolism model that harvests data and narrows down your world view and is being used to cause genocide in Bangladesh for example. It is also designed to reshape your memory and indeed it does. I know this becasue I can see people build false memory and even it erases older memory and changes it. 

The platforms never used to be that way. Mark Evil Zuckerberg is the Devil incarnated. 

Children
  • Hi Wavey! Thank you very much for your answer, which is interesting and thoughtful!

Sorry that I didn't elaborate on what I define as "new" media. But you're right that I thought of the boom of internet-related media for the last two decades.

Personally I agree with the evolution of social media like Facebook. It's becoming more and more capitalized and marketized.

From your perspective the evolvement of that sort of social media is just bad? Has it come with any benefits at all? Community-bildning or things like that? Or are forums like this still the best way to meet like-minded people?

If we're talking about people on the spectrum and other forms of platforms, like YouTube? Do you think that might be a good platform for some people who in the past didn't have the oppurtunity to speak for themselves?

I genuinely thank you for your time! Hope you'll have a nice weekend!

Björn, the swedish bear