From "professional" to "autistic"... where do I go now?

I am qualified to help others, yet, I have been unable to do so since my diagnosis.

Parents
  • What were you qualified to do out of interest? Were you struggling in work before you were diagnosed?

I see in another comment you have said you don't miss it. Do you not miss the job you were doing or do you not miss working?

Do you want to work again and just don't have the confidence or are you happy with how things are now?

Sorry for all the questions. I just find it easier to reply when I know more detail.

• In answer to your questions..!

I worked for 13yrs in one job.

Yes, I struggled before my diagnosis. I was diagnosed 2yrs AFTER I chose to leave my job.

I am not happy with how things are now.

Any other questions!?!!

• Have my questions annoyed you? I only asked as it's very difficult to give someone advice if you don't know their situation.

If you want to get back into work then it is all about finding a way of working that helps you. There are lots of options.

If working is too much for you at the moment then perhaps try and find a hobby that would take up your focus. 

I personally really struggle when I'm not in work as my brain just starts obsessing over negative things and I end up in a low place. I find I need something to keep my brain occupied.

I'm very good at pushing people away as well. I think it's to do with trust and self preservation.

• Have my questions annoyed you? I only asked as it's very difficult to give someone advice if you don't know their situation.

If you want to get back into work then it is all about finding a way of working that helps you. There are lots of options.

If working is too much for you at the moment then perhaps try and find a hobby that would take up your focus. 

I personally really struggle when I'm not in work as my brain just starts obsessing over negative things and I end up in a low place. I find I need something to keep my brain occupied.

I'm very good at pushing people away as well. I think it's to do with trust and self preservation.

Children
No Data