Hello :-)

Hello,

I am new to this and not quite sure where to start...I am a mum to a 5 year old, waiting to be diagnosed. We are in the early stages, the school have sent off referrals, the school think my son has Aspergers with ODD.

We are going through such a hard time at the moment with school, every day there is an incident. His behaviour has got noticeably worse in the last few weeks which has coincided with the transition to Year 1 at school. He can not cope with the change-the end of term can not come quick enough.

Am looking for a support network really, I feel like I'm at the end of my tether with his behaviour, school and family life are suffering. We need a bit of guidance with how to deal with him at home etc

Thanks for reading :-)

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Otis,

thank you for replying and for the links provided, ill have a read through them.

He already spends all of his time at school in the 'special unit' he has thrived in there all year, where it is a smaller class, a lot of 1 to 1 time, quieter etc its just the last few weeks he's going bananas! He even threw chairs around in there and ripped posters off the wall, so worried that school will say enough is enough. We are all hoping that when he goes into year 1 he will settle down again. W can only hope!

It sure is tough being a parent sometime!