Asperger's and Mental Health

Hello all,

I was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome around 2 months ago, after a history of severe social impairments. I was instructed to identify an online community of people with autism by my therapist. Can I ask, what's the policy on discussing mental health issues occurring with autism on this forum? Is it prohibited? As my condition makes me severely depressed, and my therapist recommends talking this out with other sufferers.

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
  • Yes, it saddens me how little support is available.  It is also little recognised that the kind of fight necessary to access support is in itself difficult for autistic people and a huge additional pile of stress to deal with. I feel that, ironically, to obtain such help, one needs that same help in order to negotiate the process of obtaining it - a perfect catch-22.

• It is hard to cope with, i recently started taking medication for anxiety been fluxetine for many years now.  Trying to get others to understand how hard it is impossible.  I notice their is little support for older autistics.