Asperger's and Mental Health

Hello all,

I was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome around 2 months ago, after a history of severe social impairments. I was instructed to identify an online community of people with autism by my therapist. Can I ask, what's the policy on discussing mental health issues occurring with autism on this forum? Is it prohibited? As my condition makes me severely depressed, and my therapist recommends talking this out with other sufferers.

Thanks.

Parents
  • I've had severe mental health issues on and off for most of my adolescence and adult life. Drug and alcohol issues too. All of it was related to my Autism, which was undiagnosed at the time. It's fine to talk about things like that here. You will find lots of things here that will fill in gaps, help you understand how your condition affects you and lots of other stuff. Sometimes things are light hearted around here too. Hello and welcome!

• I've had severe mental health issues on and off for most of my adolescence and adult life. Drug and alcohol issues too. All of it was related to my Autism, which was undiagnosed at the time. It's fine to talk about things like that here. You will find lots of things here that will fill in gaps, help you understand how your condition affects you and lots of other stuff. Sometimes things are light hearted around here too. Hello and welcome!

Children
No Data