Hello

Hello there.

I have no idea what to write. Famous last words as I know that I'll be trying to slim it down by the time that I have finished.

I'm struggling, and have been since the day that I remember.

I feel overwhelmed at the moment which is making me write this post. Tomorrow I will self-refer to the local ASD service and plan to use this forum to update on progress, as I know that I personally have been looking for someone to relate to.

Without trying to be too specific, I am in my 20s and have had a very high profile role. It was brilliant, an amazing opportunity that I still cherish. But I no longer hold it. I believe my struggles were mostly to blame.

There have been many moments of red flags. I've worked for a mental health charity where the director raised in my supervision that I am too black and white. I am surprised that it wasn't suggested to me at that stage to discover this more. Instead our team did Myers Briggs tests where I scored INFP.

I'm a single gay man and have never had a relationship. I'm at the point where I don't even entertain the idea of a first date as it will not work out.

I despised the idea for a long time of living with someone, I currently lodge at someones house. They openly talk to their friends about how they're disappointed I just keep myself to myself. I go to work and I head straight to my room, something I have just always done. It is not because I don't like him, but I just can't comprehend sitting down and watching TV with him...

I struggle in jobs, I had to resign from a great opportunity last year as I was concerned about the behaviour of senior management, and that is where one of the mental health nurses mentioned that they thought I had Aspergers. I was so affected by what happened that I just couldn't let it go and move on.

I know this post is not making any sense, as I cannot make it flow, it is very hard to explain. 

I did the Channel 4 ASD online test and scored very highly for anxiety, ASD and OCD. Yesterday I did the American deal with autism test and scored over 90% probability of being diagnosed with Asperger's. 

I am not saying this as some sort of medal, obviously I hope that the medical route I take tomorrow will begin to clear things up. But I just want to be able to understand.

I am sure others will be able to make some sense of me!

Parents
  • Hi there, yes I relate to some of the thing you wrote. I keep to my self and get told that I'm very anti social. I might be different tfor you but When I had my  ASD diagnosis a few month a go it was  relief and I started to understand why I felt Like I did not fit in and had difficulty in social  interaction. I understand in can't make it flow with me I can't get thing in the right  order  this happen with me in writing and speech vey  frustrating. Don't think I was of any help but a big hello. Is it your assessment you going to tomorrow. Please let me know how it goes

• No I think it;s just the first stage of self-referral so will probably be form filling.

I do try to go on a night out but I can only handle an hour or two, and I can never stand in the middle of a venue, I always try to be by the door and not surrounded by people. I can't do small talk and really struggle with knowing whether someone is interested or not

• No I think it;s just the first stage of self-referral so will probably be form filling.

I do try to go on a night out but I can only handle an hour or two, and I can never stand in the middle of a venue, I always try to be by the door and not surrounded by people. I can't do small talk and really struggle with knowing whether someone is interested or not

Children
  • Not very offen I have night out but when I do I try to going to quiet places and I have started to use noise cancelling ear plugs which help me. You are still very young I'm twice your age and still don't know how dating and relationships work. I can't understand them and I don't think they can understand me. At the moment I'm happy in being single. Good luck for tomorrow