Artist with Asperger's

Hello everyone. I'm Patrick [removed by moderator]. I have Asperger Syndrome and a few other things. I keep myself busy by doing art every day. I've had a few exhibitions of my work and I do talks around the country about how art therapy has helped me. I have a carer and I enjoy playing with my dog, he's a 3 year old Belgian Malinois called Chase.

I struggle with making friends, being outside on my own and find it difficult to keep calm when I experience sensory overload. I have outbursts, but since taking up art I haven't self harmed, head banged or needed to be restrained. It's been a lot better. 

My medication helps, but sometimes I wish I didn't have to take it. I work off my aggression and agitation as best as I can at the gym in the mornings when it's quiet and I find that helps me for the rest of the day.

I get very tired by 8pm and sleepy, but then by 11pm I'm wide awake and restless again. It goes on waves like that.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Here's a video of me [removed by moderator]

You can see some of my art on my site [removed by moderator] 

Parents Reply Children
No Data