Hello - Please help me to represent the Autistic community

[Post has been removed by Moderators for breaking community rules. This post did not have permission to undertake research - Requests for research study subjects and surveys need to be directed to research@nas.org.uk for data protection and research ethics reasons. Further information can be found on our research pages. Please be advised that any requests for research subjects or surveys posted on the Community will be deleted without warning.]

Holly - Moderator

Parents
  • Dear  and community members, 

I have responded with this same message to you in your new thread as well as here. 

Firstly, I am sorry that I am only responding to you now, and I hope the response here helps to clear up the reasons behind the post being deleted. We would like you to know that we have spoken to Ian about the permission given, and although he agrees that he suggested the community as a place to seek information, there has unfortunately been a miscommunication and misunderstanding about what the community can offer in regards to research, formal or informal. 

The community rules have always stated that any posts that are for research purposes will be edited or deleted without warning. The reason for this is so that the community remains a place just for the community users - to chat and converse - and not to be part of research for others to use in any capacity. This applies to the National Autistic Society as well. We will not conduct research here, as the community is not here for that reason, and therefore we do not want to encourage others using it for research either. 

We appreciate that everyone on the community are able to make the choice of how much information they give in their posts, and we want to create a safe, open space, but occasionally we have to edit or delete posts that we deem to have broken the rules. This is a wonderful community to be part of, because you chat, support and advise each other amazingly. As Moderators we try our best to not intrude, but also be as helpful as we can, when we can. I am sorry if you felt on this occasion and on others that the wrong decision was made.  

• Dear  and community members, 

I have responded with this same message to you in your new thread as well as here. 

Firstly, I am sorry that I am only responding to you now, and I hope the response here helps to clear up the reasons behind the post being deleted. We would like you to know that we have spoken to Ian about the permission given, and although he agrees that he suggested the community as a place to seek information, there has unfortunately been a miscommunication and misunderstanding about what the community can offer in regards to research, formal or informal. 

The community rules have always stated that any posts that are for research purposes will be edited or deleted without warning. The reason for this is so that the community remains a place just for the community users - to chat and converse - and not to be part of research for others to use in any capacity. This applies to the National Autistic Society as well. We will not conduct research here, as the community is not here for that reason, and therefore we do not want to encourage others using it for research either. 

We appreciate that everyone on the community are able to make the choice of how much information they give in their posts, and we want to create a safe, open space, but occasionally we have to edit or delete posts that we deem to have broken the rules. This is a wonderful community to be part of, because you chat, support and advise each other amazingly. As Moderators we try our best to not intrude, but also be as helpful as we can, when we can. I am sorry if you felt on this occasion and on others that the wrong decision was made.  

Children
No Data