Autistic Psychotherapists

Hi I work as an art therapist and trauma therapist.  I am waiting for a referral for an autism assessment.  My children are completing autism assessments too.  I would like to make contact with other therapists who are on the autism spectrum or suspect that they might be.  I always knew that i processed information differently but didn't have words for it, so i feel like i am developing a whole new language. 

I wondered if there are any other therapists here that i could make links with?

Parents
  • Also, I don’t know if you’re on Facebook or any similar social networking platform but they seem to be a great way to make contact with people. 

• Hi thanks for replying. there are lots of links for people who are looking for therapy but not much about if you are a therapist and autistic. ive found a canadian woman who i'm trying to connect with. Like you i'm trying to stop masking and be more open about what i need for myself and within my work context.

• What types of connections are you wanting to make with other autistic psychotherapists? If you follow the links for people who are looking for therapy, they will lead you to the people who are offering therapy and you can often see from their profile if they’re autistic or not. 

Yeah, I’m on the exciting journey of figuring what I need in terms of work and how many hours working is going to be best for me etc. I love my work so I am keen to put measures in place that will prevent me from working too much. 

• Yeah, same here. It’s much better for me to work for myself in my own space. 

Reply Children
No Data