New, and does anyone relate to this?

Hi, I've literally only just signed up to this page. I was recently diagnosed with autism last month after waiting 10 years. Along side with autism I have been diagnosed with extreme anxiety, which makes it even more difficult to cope in certain situations. 

I was discussing autistic meltdowns with my close friends who is also autistic, and he was saying to me that he feels helpless while I'm having a meltdown because I don't like being touched or even talked to during it. Does anyone else have this? I know a few autistic people who find it helpful for people to psychically comfort them when they're extremely stressed, but I absolutely hate it and I find it makes me feel even worse. Is anyone else like this? I feel quite alone in this situation.

Thank you :) 

Parents
  • I'm also very anxious.  My clothes feel uncomfortable when I get stressed. When I'm calming down I like a hug but not while I'm going through it. I think, perhaps it is because I'm so alert I don't want any more to think about.

• I'm also very anxious.  My clothes feel uncomfortable when I get stressed. When I'm calming down I like a hug but not while I'm going through it. I think, perhaps it is because I'm so alert I don't want any more to think about.

Children
No Data