What to expect?

Hey guys

I have an autism formal test next month, but have no idea what to expect?  I've been down the mental health route and it was them who referred me.  I can't bare anyone walking by me or being touched, I feel like I will whack them one!  Let's hope he/she doesn't shake my hand!  I haven't seen my friends in the flesh for over 2 years, I can't be in the same room as them.  This has been since childhood, you guys are welcome to look at my profile and and click on the link to my blog, it's tough to explain here and the blog explains me better :) 

• It varies a bit, but you may have a one hour session when you are asked questions about your history, childhood etc, and then another hour-long session with an ADOS-2 practical test with some props, card tests and so on. It's all fairly simple, since it's roughly the same process for adults and children.

I don't really have this experience, but if you don't want to shake hands, just don't and say you don't want to.  If anyone can understand, they should.

• OMG! I hate shaking hands. I do not like to touch other people. I never initiate this myself.

I also do not like people to stand or sit too close to me.

• I haven't read your blog but I too avoid shaking hands with people and at my assessment appointment (as at other times when I can) I had deliberately taken bags with me so that when i was called, I had my hands full and kept them full until I had sat down. People won't ask you to shake hands if they can see that you don't have a hand free! 

Seeing as the people assessing you will have experience of autism, they will understand if you simply say "I don't shake hands." and ask them not to stand or sit too close to you.