Hi my name is cara

Is there any1 out there that can' sleep because they feel like ur child controls ur household and is walking on egg shells just because of his temper and my other kids can' cope when he' violent and abusive to me. They are all petrified of him. However he is awaiting a diagnosis for autism and adhd and currently taking melatonin to help him sleep. Is there any1 in the same sort of situation that can give me any advice or just to chat. As his mum I don' sleep anymore constantly worried what he' going to do next also I haven' been well at all since he' getting worse and no1 seems to be ble to help me either understand him or even make our houehold a happy home again x

Parents
  • Hi Cara,

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. There may be other parents on the forum who will comment and can share their experiences but in the meantime you may like to contact our Autism Helpline team. They can provide you with information and advice. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm).Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

Please see the following link for further information:

http://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main.aspx

Wishing you and your family all the best.

Heather - Mod

• Hi Cara,

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. There may be other parents on the forum who will comment and can share their experiences but in the meantime you may like to contact our Autism Helpline team. They can provide you with information and advice. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm).Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

Please see the following link for further information:

http://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main.aspx

Wishing you and your family all the best.

Heather - Mod

Children
No Data