New member hi

• Hi my names kimberley or Kim I’m 26 I have a 4 year old who was diagnosed last year with autism
  • im having a lot of difficulty keeping nappies and pull ups on him no matter what I try
  • he also bites a lot when he’s at school in fact it’s been over 100 times since he’s started he goes to a special needs school 
  • does anybody have any advice 
Parents
  • Hi Kimberleyalice,

One question: do you have a behaviour therapist working with him?  Biting is quite common.  It's signifying something - quite probably anxiety (is he biting himself, or others?)  Also, he may be hypersensitive to certain fabrics or materials, which is why he doesn't like the nappies.  I work with autistic adults, and many of them have such issues.  One of them refuses to wear any form of underwear.

Have a look here and see if there's anything that can help you...

Helplines and Advice

and also here

Behaviour

All the best,

Tom

• Hi Kimberleyalice,

One question: do you have a behaviour therapist working with him?  Biting is quite common.  It's signifying something - quite probably anxiety (is he biting himself, or others?)  Also, he may be hypersensitive to certain fabrics or materials, which is why he doesn't like the nappies.  I work with autistic adults, and many of them have such issues.  One of them refuses to wear any form of underwear.

Have a look here and see if there's anything that can help you...

Helplines and Advice

and also here

Behaviour

All the best,

Tom

Children
  • Hi no I don’t I actually have no support for him apart me and family he got his diagnosis and that was it they left us to find out about everything on our own  he’s biting others he never bites hisself I did think that with nappies as he doesn’t like clothes on at the minute