A second child??

Hi there, 

My son is 2.5 years old and has recently been diagnosed on the spectrum. I am 33 years old and my wife is 28. 

It's been a tough couple of months coming to terms with everything but with lots of love and support around us we are steady on our path and ready for the journey ahead.

We would like to have more children but have lots of anxiety about how this would impact our little boys world. If any of you could share your experiences and thoughts on this we'd love to get some advice from people in or who've been in the same boat. 

Many thanks x

Parents
  • Hi . My son is almost 4 and we are waiting for our referral it’s been such a long process but we’ve recently had another baby who is now 5 months old and at first my son couldn’t deal with the new baby and found things hard , was having more meltdowns too but after around 3 months or less he has grown to adore his baby brother and now absolutely loves him , he actually really helps my son to calm down and if he’s having a stressful day or meltdown the baby will be the distraction he needs to calm down . Very loving too . 

Hope this helps .

• That's really encouraging to hear. I'm so glad and happy for you. 

Out of interest will you be putting them together in the same bedroom? 

• They won’t be until the baby is about 3 , that’s just because of space really . I found making my son very aware we were having another baby helped him understand the change ahead . Good luck . 

Reply Children
No Data