Another newbie

Hiya 

I'm Anna I'm 30 and a single mum to my little boy who is 8. I've been wondering on and off if he is on the autism spectrum but no one seems listen to me. So came here hopefully for some advice xx 

Parents
  • Hi, I'm assuming that by "no one seems to listen to me" you mean you've already spoken to your GP? If they're not listening, have you asked to speak to a practice nurse at your clinic? Or someone at your son's school? 

• Yes you're correct I've spoken to school and because he is mostly well behaved in school they don't agree with me. Doctors shrugged me off because he sat for 2 minutes in an appointment. I'm just trying to get in contact with a support team who can point me in the right direction. 

I'm not entirely sure if he's on the autism spectrum but it's so vast that it's very likely due to the traits but even if not he definitely at most has mild learning disabilities. But again were not being supported with this.

• Yes you're correct I've spoken to school and because he is mostly well behaved in school they don't agree with me. Doctors shrugged me off because he sat for 2 minutes in an appointment. I'm just trying to get in contact with a support team who can point me in the right direction. 

I'm not entirely sure if he's on the autism spectrum but it's so vast that it's very likely due to the traits but even if not he definitely at most has mild learning disabilities. But again were not being supported with this.

Children
No Data