Hello. I'm new here.

Hello. As the title says I'm new to this forum. I'm currently seeking an Aspergers diagnosis as I feel many of the female aspergers traits fit with me. Went to see my gp a few weeks ago. Thought I was going to have a job to convince him so was really nervous but to be fair he did take my concerns seriously and referred me to the mental health team for assessment. I have an appointment this week with the mental health nurse. For the past couple of weeks I have  been really struggling with low mood and anxiety which I feel affects my work. I work in healthcare as a nurse and although I believe I am great with patients I really struggle interacting with my colleagues who probably at best see me as odd/aloof or just don't get me at all/see me as useless. I love my job and I'm terrified I might loose it as I've only had it for 6months. I've not mentioned to my managers that I suspect I have aspergers as I don't feel comfortable doing this without a formal diagnosis but I am anticipating a long wait to be assessed. Last year I experienced bullying at work which caused ptsd like symptoms. I had to take time off and had counselling to work through the anxiety.

Does anyone have any advice on discussing the situation with my employer? Am I right to leave things until after I get assessed? 

Anyway I'll stop rambling on now. I'm hoping I will find some support and reassurance from this forum as I go through this process.

Thanks for reading x

Parents Reply Children
No Data