Hello!

Hi! I'm Bo, I'm 20 and I live in a flat with my girlfriend. I have received my ASD diagnosis very recently, and it has been great to get that validation and know that I'm not alone. I'm unfortunately going through a mental health crisis at the moment, which has been caused, at least in part, by biting off a little more than I can chew in terms of going from not being able to hold down a volunteer job in a charity shop to being a full time university student in quite an intensive course. Because of this, I'm currently trying to look into the viability of changing to a different course and studying that part time, instead of what I'm doing now. I'm very lucky to have a very supportive girlfriend and family though, and I'm thankful for that.

In any case, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm interested in getting a bit more to grips with my own sense of self and would be interested to see if there are any other people who got ASD diagnoses later in life who are, or have been, in a vaguely similar situation to myself. 

I hope everyone is having a good evening.

• Hi Bo :) I'm still waiting for my diagnosis, I'm 29 and hearing you speak about uni brings back how difficult it was for me studying full-time. Part-time sounds like a it would be really beneficial in terms of not taking too much on at once. I was unaware of my possible ASD then so I really struggled and mistook a lot of it for depression. Really glad you've got support, I would use any support and extra resources you can get, as that is ultimately what got me through my course, I utilised a lot of support from my uni and things like extra time accommodations and working from home some days massively helped! I was very open with my uni and though it was a battle at times it was worth it. Hope you get what you need!

• Hehe, like your name for sure!