New member - I think I'm an aspie..

I recently met an Aspie (online, and then in person), and she told me that I am one, too.. I did some reading, and many of the traits seem to resonate with me, so it seems likely she's right.

I don't think I need a diagnosis, but have joined here to find others who may be in the same position and would then understand me.

I have worked with computers and moved into programming (to make computers and computer-controlled equipment, do useful things.

While I tended to get on with colleagues, I have had almost no friends outside work, and since I became self-employed, have little contact with others.

I have always found it difficult to start a conversation with people, but I do better, online. Sometimes I get on with someone and manage to meet them, later - I tend to contact people from abroad, and then try to meet them during my travels.

Most days I only talk to the cats that visit me. I have discovered cat cafes in recent years, and have visited 10, so far.. including in Prague, Bratislava, Vienna and Budapest.

Sometimes I haven't spoken to anybody for weeks, but communicate online most days.

Even with people I know, including my siblings, I prefer texts and emails to phone calls.

Parents Reply
  • It's OK when I have something to do, but it's been so hard finding customers, and if there's no work, then there's no cash. No "minimum wage" or holiday pay!

Being on my own also means there's nobody to bounce ideas off or ask for help.

Since I started working from home, I don't even have a reason to leave the house, except for shopping.

Children
No Data