Making Friends

Hi am new to this been diagnosed this summer with Asperger's at age 51 always struggled to make friends be nice to at last make some on here maybe, I find it very hard to interact with people have no friends and am on my own all time, I am in East Lancashire area I am Mike hello to everyone

Parents
  • Hi, I am also new here and also got diagnosed with Asperger's last week at age 50 and although I have got a lot of 'friends', I also spend most of my time on my own! I guess I'm tired of simply 'fitting in', it's exhausting and is of no real interest to me anyway.

• Hi thanks for message I find I get terribly lonely always on my own and this makes my depression worse, do you get lonely ? I don't want to fit in have always felt different and won't change just to fit in, I know I am a good person with good qualities I just want to be understood and treated with respect I was bullied at school and work and not worked now for 16 years

What is your name please ?

• Hi, sorry, yeah, my name is Neikka. I get lonely sometimes, even though I do sometimes prefer to be by myself and sometimes I simply need to be by myself. I have never been bullied but that's because I did a good job of fitting in. I have had lots of different jobs, including social worker and mental health practitioner but I haven't worked for several years now. I think I've been experiencing burn out although I am slowly, very slowly coming out of it. I just joined a local support group for autistic people which was really good, I really enjoyed it, just being around people where I could just be me and not have to explain myself was very calming. I've only been once so haven't got to know them all yet but looking forward to going back next week.

• I'm not sure how to accept a friend request, I'll have a quick look

Reply Children
No Data