New to this and awaiting diagnosis

Hi, I'm 23 and have been referred to be diagnosed for Asperger's by my university therapist.

I'm currently wanting to find out more as I understand its a broad spectrum and can show very differently in women then in men.

I'd like to understand more about what traits of my personality is specifically on the spectrum.

Thank you (: 

A question on my mind at the moment is a recent thing from Tuesday, and I understand how I acted seemed very weird to my boyfriend and the people around me. I want to know if this is part of the Asperger's or I'm just over reacting and a bit of a drama queen.

We had plans to see a concert and I like to plan my travel from a-b precisely otherwise I get great anxiety. My boyfriend decided to change the stop I originally planned to get of which was slightly unnerving but I went with it. The train we got on didn't stop at this station although we were told it did. This started to make me annoyed more then I think It should have and anxious as it meant we would be late and I hate not sticking to times. The next train also didn't stop and we found no trains were leading to this station but we couldn't go to the next stop as they wouldn't allow us out of the gates even when I offered to pay extra.

This made me incredibly anxious as we were not only stuck in the station with no way of getting to this place, but we were running late. I became very stressed out and anxious and ended up crying and having a complete freak out in the middle of the platform.  Safe to say wasn't one of my best moments but I couldn't help it.

Sorry for the long windedness of this, just was curious about that incident as its not my first of those. 

• It takes some getting used to doesn't it.  Perfectly understandable to me but a lot of adjusting for you both as you find out more. One major reason that this forum is so useful is that across all the people who use it there is a wealth and breadth of knowledge and experience and usually some one can help out. This helps us to know are not alone and sort of "normalises" instances such as you have described. I have had loads of lightbulb moments on here when someone has said something that i can identify with and that in itself makes you feel not quite so crazy!!  Welcome anyway i forgot that bit. Have a look around at the different threads and posts or just put something in the search and see what comes up. 

• Hello, thank you for getting back and explaining for me, it's reassuring to know it was something I couldn't help and there was a reason for me feeling so over whelemed and anxious. I did try to explain this to my boyfriend on how i was feeling about the situation however he just looked at me like I was a crazy lady over something he viewed as.a.minor inconvience. 

• yes it is more than likely part of your aspergers. I have incidents like this too.. not many but enough. We don't like transition from one thing to another, we like to have a plan to feel safe and if it is deviated from this makes us feel insecure and out of control whereas a plan helps us to feel in control. the situation became unpredictable with surprises which we don't manage well. then you were unable to get out or keep to time to to arrive on time in a calm  and orderly fashion. All of this is very unnerving for us added to that is the sensory aspect of strange places, people, noise, etc which we are not comfortable with. then we become overwhelmed by the situation and fall apart. This is just one explanation of what happened others might see it differently but certainly events and travel arrangements going wrong and devotion from route, plan, and time would throw me too.