Health and well being ; challenges of exercise

https://iancommunity.org/ssc/autism-physical-fitness

Just found this article whilst researching core muscle strength in ND and thought it an interesting topic for discussion. 

Do you relish sport or are you a couch potato? Does going to a gym, joining a team, coordination issues put you off? Or have you found a way to enjoy keeping fit? 

I like walking in open countryside. I tried line dancing and aerobics but couldn't learn the moves or keep up. I hate chlorine and feeling of swimming pool water and our local pool is closed in and claustrophobic. I have been in open air pools which I liked. Gyms are too noisy, too busy and overwhelming.  I have played badminton on a casual basis in my youth but rubbish at catching a ball. I learnt to ride a bike but my coordination and spacial awareness makes it very tricky so I thought of a tricycle or recumbent but they're expensive.. 

What are your experiences of sport and exercise?

Parents
  • I do tai chi which I find is very good at reducing my stress levels. 2 other people at my local autism hub also do tai chi.

• Thank you yes. Good suggestion. I didn't give it a good enough chance as I only went once. The people were so kind I found it a bit overwhelming!  Plus again group movement is hard for me but I should give it another try. I took a photo of an ad of a local group starting which I'd forgotten about. 

• Thank you yes. Good suggestion. I didn't give it a good enough chance as I only went once. The people were so kind I found it a bit overwhelming!  Plus again group movement is hard for me but I should give it another try. I took a photo of an ad of a local group starting which I'd forgotten about. 

Children