Low

This is the lowest I've felt since mum passed away in April.

I know it's a new situation, which is bound to be unsettling.  I know it takes time and adjustment.  I know I'm probably over-reacting to some of the more negative things that have happened this week.  I know I need to give things time, etc, etc, etc.

But my gut instinct isn't good.  I dread going in.  Today, I'm working with the shouty matriarch.  I'm just glad it's the weekend.

I certainly don't feel like I want too much more of this.

Parents
  • Thanks, everyone.  Sorry... I'll reply in full when I have more time.  It actually is an object lesson in how anxiety, change of routine and new situations can lead to a downward spiral, and a tendency to look at all the negatives until everything becomes one big negative. 

Today was actually pretty good.  And yes, I did find some common ground with this person - and there is an awareness, it seems , that there might be an issue with her approach.  So... I'll play it along.

I have three days off now to recuperate.  Next week, I'm no longer on shadow shifts, so will be more autonomous with my clients and our activities.  I'll see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Tom

• Thanks, everyone.  Sorry... I'll reply in full when I have more time.  It actually is an object lesson in how anxiety, change of routine and new situations can lead to a downward spiral, and a tendency to look at all the negatives until everything becomes one big negative. 

Today was actually pretty good.  And yes, I did find some common ground with this person - and there is an awareness, it seems , that there might be an issue with her approach.  So... I'll play it along.

I have three days off now to recuperate.  Next week, I'm no longer on shadow shifts, so will be more autonomous with my clients and our activities.  I'll see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Tom

Children