Please help me I'm desperate

I posted a few hours ago for advice on respite care for my Autistic son, I'm sitting here holding bad the tears so my husband doesn't know, can't talk to him as here's had years of stress and is on chemotherapy. He's not son my biological father but as been a good dad to him but he can not take anymore stress and as had to walk away. I'm desperate and feeling alone in this, I'm afraid for my welfare and mental health, I'm dreading everytime the phone rings in case it's my son threatening to kill himself or harm I've got no energy left in me to fight anymore. I wish I could magic money so I could afford the places that he could go to but I just don't have it.

Please does anyone know of any services that assess for immediate respite care for him. Our mental health service doesn't understand autism the last time he had them involved they were ment to send someone round to see him the next day after discharging him. Only to find they forgot which ended up in cutting himself up as he felt no one care and he was worthless. 

I live in the Warwickshire area. I'm desperate and really don't know how longer I can't cope. 

Julie

Parents
  • Hi Julie, just been wondering how you are doing, and your son? It's very difficult to suggest anything that would be likely to really help, given that you seem to have done already more than many other people would manage and your son is more than willing to engage in something to help him get better - guess that and the fact that the situation seems so overwhelmingly desperate is why relatively few people replied, not that others don't care (just in case you were wondering; that was my reason anyway). But maybe telling others and the replies you did get have at least helped a little bit and made you feel a little less alone.

Sending you a hug for the evening, guess it won't do harm whatever the situation is now

Oktanol

• Thank you Oktanol, I was worried that perhaps I was being to open about how I was feeling and this has been the first time I've taken courage to really tell people how I felt. I sorry if this was a bit much for some. But thank you for explaining your views. Im still struggling with him but I'm managing each day as it comes. I've tried researching so many places but no where really as helps those with cannabis and autism. I've thought of looking to the private sector but again there are no support guides to help you find the most appropriate place. Thank you again for taking the time to see how I'm doing. I'm finding taking to people on hear more helpful than I thought it was going to be. Julie x

• Hi Julie just wanted you to know I feel your pain,autistic folks are so very caring,I did read your original first post but felt unable to offer good advice, you stayed in my mind, Talking openly on here is good,you will not be judged, As you saw some here are truly amazing in finding information and others who know the system,bless them all,quirky you are a lovely caring person,

To all who have replied please accept my gratitude for being here for Julie and in fact me? Knowing others are doing there best for her helps me stress less.

Julie keep doing what you can,please look after yourself as well.

big hug to you().X

• So glad to see this place may have helped, I have no experience or advice for your problem but I read it and felt so sad for you and your son, hope things can be more positive for you in the future.

• Thank you, it's so hard feeling helpless when you can't change things and even more frustrating when there clearly is such a lack of support and funding out there. However if there's one thing I do have is determination I won't give up. I'm trying to focus on perhaps trying to fund it myself. X need the hug thank you . Julie x

• Thank you, it's so hard feeling helpless when you can't change things and even more frustrating when there clearly is such a lack of support and funding out there. However if there's one thing I do have is determination I won't give up. I'm trying to focus on perhaps trying to fund it myself. X need the hug thank you . Julie x

Children