Starting and Developing Routines

I was hoping that maybe some fellow autistic people could be able to give insight on how they develop and start up routines, and how routines effect them. 

It's been very difficult to form routines that work for me, things that once worked for me, like lists and schedules, are not as effective anymore. And I find I am more easily set off my plans, often due to lack of motivation.

My more specific questions (all optional of course):

If there is certain questions your ask yourself before developing certain routines

How to account for meltdowns and episodes in schedule, or even other possible detours such as plan changes or demotivation

Certain types of scheduling or planning you use, such as lists, paper schedules, planners, hourly, monthly, calendars, daily, apps, when you form these plans. And if there is a specific form that works for you thats purchasable, what the name is and how its helpful.

Also, what kind of things are part of your schedule? Certain foods, planning out clothes, or anything more obscure that assist.

Routines help give me a sense of comfort, and I do believe that my lack of routine has been causing increased anxiety (to put it lightly) for me for the past few months.

If anyone gives their insight, thank you so much. I appreciate it.

Parents
  • I use a journal writing each days to do list the night before then mark myself on what i did and did not that is the only thing that works for me. I add a star on something if it's something that is doing rarely eg getting a hair cut or doing taxes.

• I use a journal writing each days to do list the night before then mark myself on what i did and did not that is the only thing that works for me. I add a star on something if it's something that is doing rarely eg getting a hair cut or doing taxes.

Children
No Data