What are your anxiety coping strategies?

Hi everyone, 

I have been looking into creating a "calm space" in an area of my bedroom. Somewhere to relax and unwind. This will hopefully replace my need to sleep every time I get home from work, which is messing up my already mixed up sleep. I was wondering if anyone else has created a space like this? What do you have in your space? I was thinking of lights, calm music, and things I can balance ( to focus breathing). Also I like items that I can make gentle sounds with. Would be really interested to know what everyone else uses/ does to manage their anxiety.

Have you found any particular strategies that work for you?

Thank you

Parents
  • If I'm feeling overwhelmed and drained, I'll wear my earphones, and my blue light protection glasses (for eye strain), a hoodie, go somewhere with dim lighting, and I just try to tune everything out until I recuperate my energy.

If I'm feeling anxious, I try to find the cause. If it's from a bad socializing incident, it's hard not to ruminate, but now I try to also think of solutions and create a plan to carry out. If diplomacy does not work (trying to make amends, apologizing, clearing up misunderstandings and so on) and the other person is just not having it and they're still treating me badly, I give up and let them go, say my final farewells, and cut contact with them, because I've done all I can do to try and repair things on my end, but if they keep damaging everything, then there's no point in continuing. It's already hard enough to put in the effort to communicate and maintain eye contact and to socialize, and I'd rather reserve my time and energy to people who actually care about me, instead of people who are bringing me down.

• Thank you so much, what you said was really helpful. Really appreciate it Slight smile

Reply Children
No Data