Who else is really, really struggling?

I've been a good little girl since 2005 now. Carefully looking after my family, putting my own needs at the back of the queue. Then along came covid. I've carefully followed the covid rules since March 2020, been a good little girl, done all that was asked of me, now it's up to 16 years of being perfect. But still everyone asks for more. 'Just a little while longer til we can get back to normal.' 'Just try a little bit harder.' 'Just wait a little bit more.'

How much longer will this go on? I'm getting to the end of my tether as things just get worse...and worse...and worse...more and more problems...after problems...after problems. Endless death and destruction all around, and it goes on and on.

I just don't know what to do anymore. There is no way out of this. Shrug‍♀️

• I got to bed at one last night and didn't get up until ten past two.

• I miss my volunteering haven't been since after New year 

• It's odd but another woman I know who studied counselling said the teacher was horrible too. Maybe they save all their niceness for their clients?

What mask? Did I mention a mask?

• Gosh you are brave. If I ask direct questions I tend to get blank looks and laughing behind hands.

I'll think about clubs, I dunno. There's a lack of resources round here tbh.

• So true, Juniper. Women had no power in most of history- no legal status, no money of their own- so couldn't protect themselves or their children. So their only 'power' was to be agreeable to those in power i.e. men.

I think this has come down through the generations as women still competing with each other to get the attention of those in power i.e. men.

I think we've been reading the same articles, there is one by Tara Mohr about this subject. I'll see if I can find it.

• Thank you for the hug. I really need it right now.

• I'm having similar experiences with my course, and I won't be doing the level 4 any time soon for cost reasons too. 

The mask looks interesting but I'd never want to wear something that stands out as different. 

• Sending virtual hugs. Maybe this thread can be for people to share their problems.

• It must be really awful living alone in these times. I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope you get to spend time with friends and family soon. Everyone's going to go mad if this continues much longer. Have you had the vaccination yet?

• Nice to meet someone with the same food issues, not that I'm glad you have those issues but it makes me feel less alone.

I had decided the month before the pandemic to stay at home permanently due to the food issues, and it also made me feel more relaxed about other people- I don't meet them so I don't have to deal with their weirdness.

I've always avoided video games, I know if I fall into that area, I'll never come out into the real world again, but stay in there forever. Sorry.

Gosh you are lucky to have a nice mom. Mine saw me as competition the minute I reached adulthood and her main desire is to show me she's better than me, put me down and cause trouble for me. Luckily she lives 50+ miles away now, I haven't seen her for over a year.

• Oh I did the first counselling course. I didn't continue because a) the teacher was really horrible, really passive aggressive and bullied us when we had 1:1's with her. Everyone said so, it wasn't just me b) the next course was too expensive.

I enjoyed the course though, I thought I'd made some friends there but of course nothing came of it Rolling eyes

• I have no idea if this is of any use to you....I know you said the school said it has to be a "proper mask"...I was watching one of Christine McConnell's videos & saw her mask....I think it looked really unique. Would this help? It looks like this type wouldn't be so smothering youtu.be/zVn9QZoGz-U

• My tutor is trying to make accommodations without disclosing my reasons to the class but people are being stubborn. They know I struggle with anxiety so that is no secret. I have had anxiety for a lifetime so it meets the criteria for being considered a disability, although I don't normal declare it as such. My tutor also knows I'm undergoing autism assessment at the moment. 

I am studying counselling at the moment so these courses are often classroom-based and involve observations of our practice. I'll be finished in May so it isnt going to be a problem for that much longer. I've done all of the assessed work but unfortunately we aren't allowed to finish early despite this. 

I'm not going to be a student for a while after this as I'm about to start a new job and I'm not desperate to do the professional counselling qualification as I'm already a qualified social worker so can do most of the types of jobs I'd like to do. 

• Forgive me, I remembered after writing this about not getting an official autism diagnosis yet.... but are there any other diagnoses that you've received that could possibly help this situation. I'm getting anxiety thinking about wearing a mask for 4 hrs at at time. I haven't been out of my house at all after quitting my job last Sept. I think the longest I've worn one was for about 1hr & started to get dizzy. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. Does this make you think about an option of online school at all? I feel like this should have been the norm all along.

• I feel very similar to you. I live on my own and I've really had enough of this. I used to be able to go to the gym or meet up with friends to do relaxing activities. Now I have the occasional walk with a friend but that's it. Never felt loneliness like this before 

• That really sucks. My university has always been online, so I don't have to deal with that. I can't imagine. Is there not an accomadations services at your university? If so....maybe there's something they can do. I've always been in the accomadations dept of every university I've been to.

• Thanks, that is one thing at least everyone is in the covid situation together.

I just go day by day, I can't look ahead or I go mad. Get through Thursday, Friday, Saturday etc.

• Oh yes, been there hun! I seem very capable and strong...then something happens and I fall apart. People just stare and can't understand it don't they.

I hope you get the support you need, what a shame we aren't physically in the same location.