Finding meaning in life

How do you all make your life feel meaningful? I am 42 single living with parents. No children no great achievements. I wanted to do more but feel life life never got started because mental illness got in the way. I cant save money because I spend when I feel bad which is often. I'm tired of feeling like lofe is going nowhere. 

Parents
  • I want to die and the sooner the better. As long as it's painless. I'm bullied every day by violent men. Britain is fascist. My father bullies me every day. When I got my own flat two male neighbours terrorised me. No one cares. I have scars on my face from a time I cut myself with a knife in a few places. My jumper turned red with blood. When I did it I walked to the local pub and stood in the door while I was still bleeding. Suddenly all those hard men fell silent. Nothing really matters but be happy, have a good one.

• Are you getting help? There are crisis cafes, crisis text services if you don't want to talk to people in person etc, theres lots of options out there. and a lot of them are trial and error, so if you have tried something before, its always worth trying again. 

also could I ask that if you are going to talk about self harm and you are going to discribe it, please put in capitals a TRIGGER WARNING (self harm) infront of your text, so that people who are triggered by reading about such things, know to avoid it.  

• All of those people are weak phony hypocrites. None of them care about people like me. I tried, they take the mickey out of me. 

Try being a man, who has no friends, and is Autistic and mentally ill. Suddenly you will see just how cruel and cold this world is.

• It's really good to have you on the forum Emmy.

When we've been on the forum a while, we get to understand some of the others who regularly post. You and Roswell will both know a little bit more about each other after this.

• He did though? he said "Try being a man, who has no friends, and is Autistic and mentally ill" he is assuming that I havent experienced those things.  

Regardless, I am stepping away from this post because its getting too heavy and I am getting overwhelmed. 

• He did though? he said "Try being a man, who has no friends, and is Autistic and mentally ill" he is assuming that I havent experienced those things.  

Regardless, I am stepping away from this post because its getting too heavy and I am getting overwhelmed. 

Children