Finding meaning in life

How do you all make your life feel meaningful? I am 42 single living with parents. No children no great achievements. I wanted to do more but feel life life never got started because mental illness got in the way. I cant save money because I spend when I feel bad which is often. I'm tired of feeling like lofe is going nowhere. 

Parents
  • I want to die and the sooner the better. As long as it's painless. I'm bullied every day by violent men. Britain is fascist. My father bullies me every day. When I got my own flat two male neighbours terrorised me. No one cares. I have scars on my face from a time I cut myself with a knife in a few places. My jumper turned red with blood. When I did it I walked to the local pub and stood in the door while I was still bleeding. Suddenly all those hard men fell silent. Nothing really matters but be happy, have a good one.

• Are you getting help? There are crisis cafes, crisis text services if you don't want to talk to people in person etc, theres lots of options out there. and a lot of them are trial and error, so if you have tried something before, its always worth trying again. 

also could I ask that if you are going to talk about self harm and you are going to discribe it, please put in capitals a TRIGGER WARNING (self harm) infront of your text, so that people who are triggered by reading about such things, know to avoid it.  

• All of those people are weak phony hypocrites. None of them care about people like me. I tried, they take the mickey out of me. 

Try being a man, who has no friends, and is Autistic and mentally ill. Suddenly you will see just how cruel and cold this world is.

• It's really good to have you on the forum Emmy.

When we've been on the forum a while, we get to understand some of the others who regularly post. You and Roswell will both know a little bit more about each other after this.

• He did though? he said "Try being a man, who has no friends, and is Autistic and mentally ill" he is assuming that I havent experienced those things.  

Regardless, I am stepping away from this post because its getting too heavy and I am getting overwhelmed. 

• To be fair. Roswell didn't assume. Not that you were definitely saying he was as such.

We all walk a different life, we have different ways of dealing with things. What works well for some may not work so well for another.

Some of us will take warmth from your words, and some of us will need to find our warmth in other ways.

Peace to you both.

• Literally had the same experiences dude, I'm not claiming to be a sage, I am trying to help. 

I'm not going to sit here and talk about all the trauma I have been through in order for you to maybe listen to me, take the advice or dont. 

I just recognized myself in the way that you was speaking, and thought I would tell you what helped me through that. 

Please don't assume others havent experienced trauma. We are all hurt people here. 

I hope you get the help you need and can see this through. 

• Literally had the same experiences dude, I'm not claiming to be a sage, I am trying to help. 

I'm not going to sit here and talk about all the trauma I have been through in order for you to maybe listen to me, take the advice or dont. 

I just recognized myself in the way that you was speaking, and thought I would tell you what helped me through that. 

Please don't assume others havent experienced trauma. We are all hurt people here. 

I hope you get the help you need and can see this through. 

Children
  • It's really good to have you on the forum Emmy.

When we've been on the forum a while, we get to understand some of the others who regularly post. You and Roswell will both know a little bit more about each other after this.

• He did though? he said "Try being a man, who has no friends, and is Autistic and mentally ill" he is assuming that I havent experienced those things.  

Regardless, I am stepping away from this post because its getting too heavy and I am getting overwhelmed. 

• To be fair. Roswell didn't assume. Not that you were definitely saying he was as such.

We all walk a different life, we have different ways of dealing with things. What works well for some may not work so well for another.

Some of us will take warmth from your words, and some of us will need to find our warmth in other ways.

Peace to you both.