Finding meaning in life

How do you all make your life feel meaningful? I am 42 single living with parents. No children no great achievements. I wanted to do more but feel life life never got started because mental illness got in the way. I cant save money because I spend when I feel bad which is often. I'm tired of feeling like lofe is going nowhere. 

Parents
  • Hey :) lots of people are looking for the same answer, and to be honest, it's something that's personal. What would you want to be remembered for? When you're on your deathbed, what would you like to see when you look back? What can you do to make the world a better place?

These sound like big questions, but the answers don't have to be big. For some people, it's as simple as going out of their way to look after other people more often. For wealthy visionaries, it's setting up billion-dollar philanthropy organisations. Whatever it is, it'll answer those questions above, and gives your life some direction. A common one is charity, as some others on this thread have posted - giving to others is a simple principle that helps others and makes the world a better place.

Those who've answered this question find that their life has a good sense of direction and purpose - two things that many people struggle to figure out. When we all lived in villages with small populations, each person mattered a lot, and each place had it's own belief systems that gave us purpose. Now, in a world of billions of people and growing proportion of people who don't believe in religion strongly, it's up to us to redefine our purpose in the world, and how we wish to lead our lives. In doing so, we give ourselves a stronger foundation for mental wellbeing and spirituality x

• Hey :) lots of people are looking for the same answer, and to be honest, it's something that's personal. What would you want to be remembered for? When you're on your deathbed, what would you like to see when you look back? What can you do to make the world a better place?

These sound like big questions, but the answers don't have to be big. For some people, it's as simple as going out of their way to look after other people more often. For wealthy visionaries, it's setting up billion-dollar philanthropy organisations. Whatever it is, it'll answer those questions above, and gives your life some direction. A common one is charity, as some others on this thread have posted - giving to others is a simple principle that helps others and makes the world a better place.

Those who've answered this question find that their life has a good sense of direction and purpose - two things that many people struggle to figure out. When we all lived in villages with small populations, each person mattered a lot, and each place had it's own belief systems that gave us purpose. Now, in a world of billions of people and growing proportion of people who don't believe in religion strongly, it's up to us to redefine our purpose in the world, and how we wish to lead our lives. In doing so, we give ourselves a stronger foundation for mental wellbeing and spirituality x

Children
No Data