Finding meaning in life

How do you all make your life feel meaningful? I am 42 single living with parents. No children no great achievements. I wanted to do more but feel life life never got started because mental illness got in the way. I cant save money because I spend when I feel bad which is often. I'm tired of feeling like lofe is going nowhere. 

Parents
  • I'm in the same boat tbh, I have no meaning to my day. I just stick to my routines and keep myself entertained. Not really thinking about what people class as regular achievements. I spent a good chunk of my life trying to live that life and ended up in chronic burn out / shutdown mode. I'm not fit for work, so working is a no, relationships have all been abusive so I'm not really in the headspace for relationships, I dont have a friend group, schooling was an absolute nightmare and I have no qualifications to my name. I still live at home with my mum and yeah. I just try to keep on top of regular living maintenance stuff, which I find really hard. (keeping myself fed, clean and enough exercise) and then do what I can to keep myself entertained. Pick up new hobbies, dive into my hyperfixations, and try to be kind to myself. 

Sometimes doing the bare minimum is all you can muster and thats okay ^_^ just focus on what you can do and try to keep positive.  

• I'm in the same boat tbh, I have no meaning to my day. I just stick to my routines and keep myself entertained. Not really thinking about what people class as regular achievements. I spent a good chunk of my life trying to live that life and ended up in chronic burn out / shutdown mode. I'm not fit for work, so working is a no, relationships have all been abusive so I'm not really in the headspace for relationships, I dont have a friend group, schooling was an absolute nightmare and I have no qualifications to my name. I still live at home with my mum and yeah. I just try to keep on top of regular living maintenance stuff, which I find really hard. (keeping myself fed, clean and enough exercise) and then do what I can to keep myself entertained. Pick up new hobbies, dive into my hyperfixations, and try to be kind to myself. 

Sometimes doing the bare minimum is all you can muster and thats okay ^_^ just focus on what you can do and try to keep positive.  

Children
No Data