Co-morbid dyspraxia and routines

Hi,

I'm still waiting for my assessment and am trying to preempt what the result of that will be. Four psychiatrists are convinced I have autism, which does reassure me somewhat that I do have autism, and that unintentionally turning people against me is not my fault. The thing that's making me question whether I have autism is the fact I struggle with upholding a routine. I do have dyspraxia, though, and one of the symptoms of that is that I struggle with developing routines and managing my time. Does anyone know if, if you have both autism and dyspraxia, how that affects your routines? Thank you!

Edit: did not mean to post this in 'introduce yourself' - sorry

Parents
  • I've been diagnosed with both, 3 months ago. I can't tell where one ends, & the other begins as they seem very similar. I used to have people to call me to help me leave the house every morning, as I couldn't get to work. Either at all, or on time. A mixture of anxiety & probably DCD & ASD thrown in. Who's to say?!

I also keep a planner, with even the smallest routine in it. But even then, I can't maintain it all the time.

• I've been diagnosed with both, 3 months ago. I can't tell where one ends, & the other begins as they seem very similar. I used to have people to call me to help me leave the house every morning, as I couldn't get to work. Either at all, or on time. A mixture of anxiety & probably DCD & ASD thrown in. Who's to say?!

I also keep a planner, with even the smallest routine in it. But even then, I can't maintain it all the time.

Children
No Data