Personal Independence Payment (PIP) query

Hello, have any people here applied for the Personal Independence Payment and been successful? I have a telephone appointment on Monday and I know it will be a hard interview, uncomfortable in places. I know not everyone is awarded it. I feel like I am overthinking it and stressing myself out. My ASD mentor said I have a good case to support my application but I know others who haven't been successful first time and have had to appeal the original decision. Any thoughts/advice welcome. 

Thank you

Parents
  • I know a lot of people who have applied who made fraudulent claims, rightly so the assessor will ask questions based on what you have written to try and ascertain if you're telling the truth.

If you've been able to back up most of the points you've made with independent evidence, such as a DSA Needs Assessment, a witness statement from your menor etc you'll be in a really strong position.

If you do have to appeal it gives you a chance to add anything you missed first time, such as the additional evidence. Your money will be back paid so its simply a waiting game.

• I know a lot of people who have applied who made fraudulent claims, rightly so the assessor will ask questions based on what you have written to try and ascertain if you're telling the truth.

If you've been able to back up most of the points you've made with independent evidence, such as a DSA Needs Assessment, a witness statement from your menor etc you'll be in a really strong position.

If you do have to appeal it gives you a chance to add anything you missed first time, such as the additional evidence. Your money will be back paid so its simply a waiting game.

Children