ASD, Social Media and Paranoia

Does anyone else experience severe paranoia whilst using social media? I've already taken the obvious solution and deactivated, but it would have been nice to be able to use FB without it making me severely ill. I end up so isolated without it.  I had reconnected with some close friends and been irritated and felt paranoid around others. I met a potential partner who i am now contacting by email only and possibly skype.  So i'm now worried i'll lose contact with her eventually.   Yesterday was hellish for me. I became convinced 3 different updates people left were about me and went through mental torture trying to convince myself that they weren't.

Parents
  • I think you need to be very strict with yourself over social media - only friend or follow people you know and trust so you have confidence in what traffic you see in the feeds.     Randomly accepting friend requests means you just have a group of people where you don't really know their motives for friending you.

I don't do FB or twitter or any other media  - I talk to my real friends via e-mail or in person (I don't do phone calls very often).   If someone is truly interested in you, they will keep in contact - if they don't, don't question yourself, question their real motives for friending you in the first place.

• I think you need to be very strict with yourself over social media - only friend or follow people you know and trust so you have confidence in what traffic you see in the feeds.     Randomly accepting friend requests means you just have a group of people where you don't really know their motives for friending you.

I don't do FB or twitter or any other media  - I talk to my real friends via e-mail or in person (I don't do phone calls very often).   If someone is truly interested in you, they will keep in contact - if they don't, don't question yourself, question their real motives for friending you in the first place.

Children