Am struggling with a whole plethora of things.

Which is why i've returned to the forum.  Sometimes all you need in life is a kind ear and that can be hard to find.  Often support relies exclusively on advice. But i've heard all the advice now.  It's extremely hard for humans not to immediately leap to reactionary judgement as that is the easiest thing to do. Can anyone spare me a sentence.  A non judgemental one.  Even if it's only,  "Hi and i hope you will be well".    Life can be difficult when you live it alone.

Parents Reply Children
  • I lack the ability to explain how life is for me and she lacks the ability to understand

This is how i and i suspect many other  ASD people interact with the world.  I have retreated from it all rather than trying to fit in.  Bliss? Hardly. Most of my life i've been trying to work out  which is better. Be an alien amongst people who may never understand. (some of whom might not even care to begin to understand) or just try and enjoy my own company for the rest of my days.  Neither is a great option. Which i think makes it a Hobsons choice (if that's the correct term.)

• Don’t be sorry. In a nutshell, I lack the ability to explain how life is for me and she lacks the ability to understand. If you can nail that, bottle it! I’m sure we’ll muddle through.

• I'm very sorry to read that. I imagine the only way a future relationship would work for me is if i lived seperately from my partner but without the cultural signifiers that suggests.  Is it possible for an NT to be in that kind of relationship without getting affronted and mortally offended? I'm sure it's possible but rare. For example Chris Packham and his partner live seperately.  Anyway that's what i may look for. Even if i never find it. Rather than just conventionally living with my partner because it's the done thing.

• In a funny sort of way that’s why I think about living alone, because I’ve never felt more alone than I do now living with my partner and child!