Hearing my pulse in my ear?

At night for the past week or so, I've [20F] been hearing a soft whooshing noise in my left ear in correlation to my heartbeat. The other ear is fine. I've tried yawning and the works to get it to stop, but it only makes it a softer sound for a few minutes. I only notice it happening at night, and it's honestly very distracting for me to do work. I looked up pulsing tinnitus, but that seems more of a constant thing, and mine seems very nocturnal? I also sit in quiet during the day time, so I don't think its directly noise related.

Also, I've been getting killer headaches for the past week as well, but I don't think those are related. Those seem more related to me sleeping wrong, rather than a head issue.

To clarify, I've never really had hearing problems, except for a single isolated incident. I was 13 on a plane, and had some serious ear pressure issues. I fly a lot, so I usually know how to take care of it. But this time, I kept hearing a squeaking sound in my ear whenever I yawned, and a friend told me to hold my nose and blow. So i did...and apparently I screamed in pain, but I couldn't hear it. I didn't even learn about me screaming until years later. For the rest of the day, putting in earphones hurt, but everything went away the next day.

my issue has been solved!!

word counter  VidMate  Mobdro

Parents
  • Had something similar myself a few years ago due to, or at least concurrent with, a nasty inner ear infection.  Didn't even know I had an infection until one night I rolled over in bed and it suddenly felt like someone just jumped on my head.  The pulsing thing remained for quite a while after the infection was treated, even now I'll get it when I have a cold or a stuffy nose for whatever reason.  You can confirm it's pulse related (vs tinnitus)  by simply doing anything that'll elevate your heart rate, walk up some stairs or whatever.

• Had something similar myself a few years ago due to, or at least concurrent with, a nasty inner ear infection.  Didn't even know I had an infection until one night I rolled over in bed and it suddenly felt like someone just jumped on my head.  The pulsing thing remained for quite a while after the infection was treated, even now I'll get it when I have a cold or a stuffy nose for whatever reason.  You can confirm it's pulse related (vs tinnitus)  by simply doing anything that'll elevate your heart rate, walk up some stairs or whatever.

Children
No Data