Iapt courses

So I spoke to a psych nurse at local GP (via phone) and referred me to the above. Omg looks all neurotypical orientated. 

Whats more disappointing, I was expecting them to say try a small dose of anti-Depressant. No,  I was referred to the above.  Didn’t even mention tablets.

Whats more, though the lady was nice, she clearly had little to no knowledge of Asd.

Never mind, back to battling alone. Rolling eyes 

• I had a spell with IAPT group CBT sessions; although the content was not a revelation, it did help to hear other peoples' stories and struggles.The sessions were not autism focussed nor did the other participants have autism related conditions (so far as I was aware) but it was more a route to obtain a referral for counselling and ASD assessment. I did have some of the additional counselling sessions but the counsellors were novice/still training and the lack of experience was too obvious for me to be able to trust the counsellor and take it seriously. That's not to say the counsellors aren't more experienced in you area. Roswell says they felt there were some benefits.

Despite having finally obtained my diagnosis (3 years ago) which outlines some recommendations, I am still no wiser as to what support is actually available.

The IAPT may be useful for some people but I found it was not helpful for me - CBT has its place for sure, but it's not what I need.

I understand when you say 'back to battling alone'. It can often feel like that, even when one tried to reach out and seek help.

I recently accepted the reality it there is no miracle cure and any psychological help is for psychological problems; it seems that much of 'being okay' is about trying to manage the condition.

What do you struggle with, if you don't mind saying?

• What information did they give you about it?

I think I had psychological therapy with the IAPT. It wasn't brilliant but it had some benefits for me. The therapist did help me a bit with my OCD and difficulties with romantic relationships.