Are autistic people included in the increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus (COVID-19) category

Please can you advise if autism, depression, anxiety, OCD, fibromyalgia and epilepsy is under the category of severe underlying health issues. I am an autistic adult with a learning disability fibromyalgia as well as depression, anxiety, OCD,  and epilepsy. I also live on my own.

Parents
  • Yes epilepsy makes you more vulnerable to possible severe complications from the virus. 

There is a lot of confusion going around about the vulnerable lists...

there is more than one. There seems to be a tier system going on. 

Those severely vulnerable who are told not To leave the house at all, even for a walk on their own are people with things like cancer, organ failure, organ transplant patients, some respiratory illness, anyone on meds that suppress the immune system.

Those on the vulnerable but less severely so than those mentioned above are over 70’s, people with neurological conditions such as epilepsy, people who qualify for free flu jabs yearly, heart disease/conditions depending on severity of heart condition. Chronic illnesses If you’re in this category you should be More strict with social distancing, ideally someone else should do your shopping for you. You can still go out for a walk and fresh air as long as you do this on your own, and if other people are about, stay at least 2 meters away from them. 

Wearing masks (for the general public out in general public areas)  when you leave the house is not advised by reputable doctors, unless you are already infected. In which case you shouldn’t be going out anyway..... Masks will be used when\if you go to doctors for something that couldn’t be done remotely. But I guess the idea is you’ll throw that away after use and so will the doctor so any germs on the front off the mask will be actively thrown away.

• Masks are useful, if you are vulnerable but have to shop.  but the filters have a breakthrough point.  6 hours is what ive read, but that was against chemicals.  Im afraid no one will find masks anywhere now.  Those like me that had respirators for spray painting or welding will more than likely have some p3r or p2r cartridges somewhere, they may even have come with the mask.  Its not a 100% stop, but its better than nothing. Thrown in google too as viruses can transfer through the eyes. 

Gloves are your main barrier and carry a sprayer, like you get dettox in, filled with a bleach/water mix.  Spray down your packaged food items with it prior to taking them into your car or house, dont bag them in the shop, just leave them in the trolley and bag them after spraying them down.  We had a shopping drop from a family friend the other day and I asked my mother to glove up and spray it all down before putting it away.  They are in the vulnerable group, ie, over 70s, but im in the extremely vulnerable group due to asthma.  My parents have decided to self isolate with me for the 3 months or so that we need to.  but if any of the people shopping for us go down with Covid, I will have to shop. 

We cant get home deliveries since all supermarkets have stopped taking on new customers.  Amazon has such a limited choice, although they do sell Whisky, which i will be grabbing at some point.  Need somewhere that sells beer in bulk and does deliveries.  That would make life bearable.  I may be able to use click+collect, but it means going out which im not supposed to do.  i hate to rely on others.

• Masks are useful, if you are vulnerable but have to shop.  but the filters have a breakthrough point.  6 hours is what ive read, but that was against chemicals.  Im afraid no one will find masks anywhere now.  Those like me that had respirators for spray painting or welding will more than likely have some p3r or p2r cartridges somewhere, they may even have come with the mask.  Its not a 100% stop, but its better than nothing. Thrown in google too as viruses can transfer through the eyes. 

Gloves are your main barrier and carry a sprayer, like you get dettox in, filled with a bleach/water mix.  Spray down your packaged food items with it prior to taking them into your car or house, dont bag them in the shop, just leave them in the trolley and bag them after spraying them down.  We had a shopping drop from a family friend the other day and I asked my mother to glove up and spray it all down before putting it away.  They are in the vulnerable group, ie, over 70s, but im in the extremely vulnerable group due to asthma.  My parents have decided to self isolate with me for the 3 months or so that we need to.  but if any of the people shopping for us go down with Covid, I will have to shop. 

We cant get home deliveries since all supermarkets have stopped taking on new customers.  Amazon has such a limited choice, although they do sell Whisky, which i will be grabbing at some point.  Need somewhere that sells beer in bulk and does deliveries.  That would make life bearable.  I may be able to use click+collect, but it means going out which im not supposed to do.  i hate to rely on others.

Children
No Data