Coping with Covid-19

I'm currently in self-isolation and I know that many of us are feeling anxious/isolated, so I thought I'd share a really useful video by Purple Ella on coping with the Covid-19 pandemic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpvdMVnfGs&t=12s

Here are some tips for activities that have been keeping me busy while I self-isolate:

• Housework (especially the jobs that I've been putting off for a while)
  • Creative writing
  • Reading
  • Watching TV shows and films
  • Playing video games
  • Playing piano
  • Adult colouring books
  • Puzzle books/activity books
  • Keeping in touch with people via social media, or over the phone
  • I'm intending to use a fitness app I have to help me with some exercise, but I haven't got around to that yet Slight smile

Also, some advice on how I'm helping myself stay healthy:

• Drinking plenty of water
  • Continuing to wear my Fitbit so that I notice when I'm not moving around often enough
  • Eating three good meals a day
  • Treating myself (e.g. to a piece of cake) when I feel like it, without going overboard on the snacks
  • Limiting the amount of time I spend on social media and news channels - whilst the Covid-19 updates are helpful, a constant stream of information (some accurate, some not) isn't always helpful for my anxiety levels.

I hope some of these tips are helpful - stay safe and take care of yourselves.

Parents
  • I keep flitting between thinking there might be silver linings to everything is doom and gloom, guilt (because I've had to purchase some things from sites like amazon and it kinda feels wrong to order stuff and then expect a delivery driver to risk his health for deliveries). The silver linings I consider are environmental. But then I've seen videos of animals suffering because of lack of humans. Now people can rant all they like how it just goes to show we've messed with nature blah blah but as I always point out what exactly are we supposed to be if not a part of nature ourselves? There was never any way we could exist on this world without also having some interaction with other non human animals whether those be positive or negative. We see social distancing as purely a human thing but also it's a distancing from many animals that have become used to our presence. For some animals the quieter streets will be their version of bliss and for others, not so much. 

For myself social distancing from humans has always been my nature. So that isnt much different for me, if anything it's a bit of a relief. I can go as far as I've often wanted to to distance myself , like refusing hand shakes without any judgement. And keeping my distance generally when out on my physio small walks, is no longer looked upon as strange behaviour. 

I like to think that maybe after all this, more people will realise that working from home can be done in a lot of instances, therefore permanently reducing pollution from traffic. 

• I know what you mean about flitting between feeling positive/gloomy - I've been feeling like this myself. I suppose that taking care of each other and looking for the silver linings is the best we can do.

I'm surprised at how difficult I've found social distancing considering I'm an introvert. I think it's because I have a small number of very close family and friends, so I'm finding it hard that I'm unable to spend time with them. I also get a bit stuck in my own head when I'm trying to work from home, whereas when I'm in the office, I can have a 5-minute vent and then move past it (usually!).

I think it'll make businesses realise that it is possible to work flexibly in most cases.

• I know what you mean about flitting between feeling positive/gloomy - I've been feeling like this myself. I suppose that taking care of each other and looking for the silver linings is the best we can do.

I'm surprised at how difficult I've found social distancing considering I'm an introvert. I think it's because I have a small number of very close family and friends, so I'm finding it hard that I'm unable to spend time with them. I also get a bit stuck in my own head when I'm trying to work from home, whereas when I'm in the office, I can have a 5-minute vent and then move past it (usually!).

I think it'll make businesses realise that it is possible to work flexibly in most cases.

Children
No Data