Coronavirus help and support for autistic people living independently who have chronic illnesses

I am a 56 year old autistic adult with a learning disability and live independently as I live on my own. I would like to know what support will be given to me, if I become ill with the coronavirus as I have difficulty using the telephone, and I find it even harder to describe my symptoms and I do not know anyone who could me.  I also have very painful and debilitating fibromyalgia along with OCD, depression, epilepsy and I catch colds and other illnesses very quickly despite having the influenza vaccine.  I also have chronic rhinus sinusitis along with a blocked nose and dry cough. I do not have any friends or family who will be able to help me make a telephone call to 111 and my neighbours are hostile to me and would never go out of there way to help me.  I am on medication from the doctor which I get every two weeks and if I become ill with the coronavirus there is no-one to take my medication box to the pharmacy to get it filled up for me.

• I called the 111 services and they said they would get in touch with me about what you would need to do, but they did not due to being severely overwhelmed.

So I got in touch with the Social Services and asked them what would be your best option. They said to get in touch with their learning disability team by E-Mail and they will advise on getting a social worker on your case perhaps.

If any further updates come I will keep you and all informed.

• Thank you for your helpful reply but I have used the link and it was not any help.  If I want any changes with my medication which is put into an automated medication dispenser, I would have to go through the nurse, so I would have to do it before I get ill as they are pedantic. I have asked advice from my GP, sent an email to the Learning disability nurse, and various organisations but either no reply or nothing satisfactory.

• I would like to know what support will be given to me, if I become ill with the coronavirus as I have difficulty using the telephone, and I find it even harder to describe my symptoms and I do not know anyone who could me.

Basically use NHS 111 Online as you can type your questions and answers, the link is as follows:

https://111.nhs.uk/?utm_source=nhsuk&utm_campaign=nhs_services&utm_content=nhs_111

As far as the pharmacy service goes and any medication you may need ~ they should be able to deliver, and especially so in an emergency! Check with the NHS 111 Online service.

:-)