Dealing with grief

At the moment, I’m struggling with expressing my emotions. Last week my mum passed away and I’m currently holding back my grief. I was at the hospital when she died, but I’m struggling to accept it.

My two brothers seem to be handling it so much better. 

Parents
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I know it's easy to say, but try not to compare yourself to your brothers. Everyone grieves differently; for some people, the reality doesn't truly sink in until a little later. Your brothers may appear to be handling it, but they could be struggling more than they let on. A lot of people put on a tough exterior.

Don't rush yourself or pressure yourself into feeling/acting a certain way. This is something you have to go through in your own time, in your own way. 

Take care.

• I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I know it's easy to say, but try not to compare yourself to your brothers. Everyone grieves differently; for some people, the reality doesn't truly sink in until a little later. Your brothers may appear to be handling it, but they could be struggling more than they let on. A lot of people put on a tough exterior.

Don't rush yourself or pressure yourself into feeling/acting a certain way. This is something you have to go through in your own time, in your own way. 

Take care.

Children
No Data