Reasons you DON'T want to die, whether deliberately or not...

Hello

I am currently working on a suicide prevention/crisis plan. One of the questions are 'what are your reasons for living', I really have no idea and can't think of any and have said this to my worker.

I wondered what other ASD/AS people's answer would be to this.

If you can, a sentence or two written would be welcome.

Thanks

Parents
  • I have no reason to not die if I dont do it deliberately as I will die when I die. 

But the only reason I haven’t done it deliberately is because of the statistics of successful suicides in the only ways I have the opportunity to do it with are not good either in terms of achieving anything other than ending up being locked up on a ward or ending up not dying but with a life of even more misery and disability from something like brain damage. 

• I have no reason to not die if I dont do it deliberately as I will die when I die. 

But the only reason I haven’t done it deliberately is because of the statistics of successful suicides in the only ways I have the opportunity to do it with are not good either in terms of achieving anything other than ending up being locked up on a ward or ending up not dying but with a life of even more misery and disability from something like brain damage. 

Children
  • Yes, that is a problem and needs a lot of research and planning to get it right.

• Same here.  I wanted to find something painless.   I cared about success rate, not who I left behind (not many people and no kids). But you know what happened? When I tried to carry out the final act, my own body, my vitality, my life force took over and fought back. I discovered I was too healthy to snuff out. Even when I was unconscious... my own body saved itself.   My heart pumped hard and adrenaline was flowing. That was the message I guess.