Mental health crash

Over the past few weeks, my mental heath has crashed. My anxiety has increased and the depression I was suffering from has returned in a big way. It seems that a combination of things has happened. 

1, Still waiting for my assessment.

2, MP not being able to sort it out.

3, Health trust not responding to complaints.

4,  Historical trauma anniversaries coming up around this time. 

I'm feeling that I'm not making any progress. 

I have had to refer myself back to talking therapies and am waiting for GP appointment. 

Parents
  • Sending you good vibes Ed, try to be kind to yourself and keep going. All of the boring advice about healthy diet and exercise and challenging thoughts is true but hard. Talking therapies are well worth having so it's good that you're doing that - and a fab sign that you care about yourself enough to get yourself help.

Also boring but true - all of the stuff that we can't control, even though it's annoying and worrying as hell sometimes, isn't helped by thinking about it over and over, but enjoying breathing and blue sky etc is free and actually helpful.

I hope I said something there that helps!

I've been there, and had to shout at myself metaphorically to change how I think and feel, and I know how hard that is.

• Sending you good vibes Ed, try to be kind to yourself and keep going. All of the boring advice about healthy diet and exercise and challenging thoughts is true but hard. Talking therapies are well worth having so it's good that you're doing that - and a fab sign that you care about yourself enough to get yourself help.

Also boring but true - all of the stuff that we can't control, even though it's annoying and worrying as hell sometimes, isn't helped by thinking about it over and over, but enjoying breathing and blue sky etc is free and actually helpful.

I hope I said something there that helps!

I've been there, and had to shout at myself metaphorically to change how I think and feel, and I know how hard that is.

Children
No Data