Mental health crash

Over the past few weeks, my mental heath has crashed. My anxiety has increased and the depression I was suffering from has returned in a big way. It seems that a combination of things has happened. 

1, Still waiting for my assessment.

2, MP not being able to sort it out.

3, Health trust not responding to complaints.

4,  Historical trauma anniversaries coming up around this time. 

I'm feeling that I'm not making any progress. 

I have had to refer myself back to talking therapies and am waiting for GP appointment. 

• yes, NHS misdiagnoses, happened to my son, 13 years of drugs and trauma, reducing him to the shadow of his intettlligent former self at 17 years old, hes 30 today. if you do get a diagnoses, make sure it makes sense, even in hos, the Dr refused to diagnose my son, but still medicated him!!!

then the medication just made him agressive and confused and a person that has needed constant care ever since, some guy said here recently, he managed for 17 years without drugs, he managed through 13 years with drugs (welll hes not dead) and he kindly said he will come through not having them again, although right now it doesn;t feel like it and i am fearful all over again of hospital and that  trauma,

withdrawals cause confusion aggitation and agression, all the things he faced going on everyone of the drugs, at what point will i see that calm?

someone also said today, this is just a chat space and go see the Doctors about my son.....but its the Doctors that have put him in this situayion.

i apologise for speaking about my son again, but i suppose as its just chat, anything goes, just not abuse and i havent even sworn.

Anyone want to say anything about what i said?

its 3.45 i havent had any sleep because of my sons withdrawals.

he has been in bed since 2.30, he knows what he is doing by being agressive is not right, and hes trying to be in control. which why he went to bed.

i suppose i should shut my eyes a little

• Yes, mental health is a very important part of the human body. It is impossible to exist normally without it, and in order to somehow test it, I decided to take the [removed by mod]. By the way, this helped me to understand myself and reach a new level. Try to pass, I think it will help you.

• Many mental disorders manifest themselves in different ways. In general, they are characterized by a combination of abnormal thoughts, perceptions, emotions, behavioral reactions, and relationships with others. Access to medical and social structures that provide treatment and social support is critical. But for the most part, such services try to make money off of sick people. So don't let yourself be deceived by filing lawsuits against such people. The burden of mental illness continues to grow and has a noticeable impact on healthcare systems worldwide. It has serious social, human rights, and economic consequences.

• I am the same. I even write it down then don't look at it in the appointment.  Can you not take someone in with you who knows you well?

• I'm glad to hear you're getting some support. Keep going and don't put too much pressure on yourself - just take everything one step at a time and be kind to yourself.

• Sorry to hear that! What will you do now?

• I would have done but it was an emergency appointment. I also had what I wanted to say clear in my head, but with the delay and my anxiety raising, I just couldn't get it out. 

• Me too. I get frustrated after situations like that because I know i didn’t say what I needed to and then I have to wait.  I find it difficult to just say something in conversation unless someone has specifically asked. 

• Have you tried writing a list of salient points before you go to appointments? That way if you unable to verbally communicate what you need to express then you could just hand the GP/other professional the list?

• The Gp appointment went ok, Even though it was over an hour late, I just wish I could communicate better when in the consultation room. 

I managed not to say what I needed to say. 

This has always been an issue with me.

• The Gp appointment went ok, Even though it was over an hour late, I just wish I could communicate better when in the consultation room. 

I managed not to say what I needed to say. 

This has always been an issue with me.

• I hope that your GP appointment went well? In some areas you can access telephone support with a therapist while you are waiting for 1:1 CBT, it might be worth asking if this is accessible in your area?

• That’s good Ed S. Keep strong. 

• Thank you all so much. 

I have been referred for low level CBT and have got GP appointment later.

Supervisor has been awesome as well. 

• Hi , I have full empathy/understanding with you and any concept of progress.

It is so stressful as you cannot control the slow process, NHS Bean counters forcing adults who require a diagnosis to wait or mis-diagnose.  Health Trusts want to keep complaints quiet - maybe local paper could take up your story?

Anniversaries are difficult, my main traumatic one is a day of celebration for the rest of the UK.

With your GP, could you go to what is a drop-in/open surgery at your practice?

Good luck, many are in similar places currently, in the past or coming in the future on this journey with our condition.

• Sending you good vibes Ed, try to be kind to yourself and keep going. All of the boring advice about healthy diet and exercise and challenging thoughts is true but hard. Talking therapies are well worth having so it's good that you're doing that - and a fab sign that you care about yourself enough to get yourself help.

Also boring but true - all of the stuff that we can't control, even though it's annoying and worrying as hell sometimes, isn't helped by thinking about it over and over, but enjoying breathing and blue sky etc is free and actually helpful.

I hope I said something there that helps!

I've been there, and had to shout at myself metaphorically to change how I think and feel, and I know how hard that is.

• Sorry Ed S. Everything hitting you all at once. I hope you don’t have to wait too long for counselling.